Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

PEONY - 1

Here is another poured painting, using inks.  However, I used my usual technique rather than following Barb Sailor’s complete process.

Since I have painted this peony on more than one occasion, I have my original drawing.  I made a copy and enlarged it to half sheet size and then used my window as a light box to trace the drawing onto my paper (Arches 140#).

Then I used masking tape on the edges of some of the petals to keep some whites – I’m sure that most of them will be painted over, but I wanted that option - especially since I’m not sure just how dark I might get the inks.  I also used miskit in the center of the flower for the stamens (I think I’ve got that right!)



I then poured pink ink over the painting.




5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Deb - I will be checking back in to see this finished work. Looks like you are off to a great start. Have a great day.

Barb Sailor said...

I love your color on this painting - I am looking forward to seeing it progress.

debwardart said...

Debbie, thanks for visiting.
Barb, didn't use your technique this time, but it was fun to do some pours again, so thanks for getting me out of my rut!

Laura Leeder said...

One of my favorite flowers! Thanks for sharing your process, I look forward to seeing the next steps.

debwardart said...

Laura, thanks for stopping by!