Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, April 21, 2014

DEMO FOR COLERAIN ARTISTS

My good friend, Shirley, asked me if I could step in last minute and give a demo to her painting group, so of course I said yes.

Since one of my classes has been painting pears and lace, guess what my demo was for her group!?!?!

Please forgive the photos of me - these were some of the better ones!  (Memo to self:  do not let Shirley take photos of me!!!!)  In my defense - it was REALLY WINDY that night!

Seriously, it was a fun evening - great weather if a bit windy - and I do think the group enjoyed the presentation.  Hope you enjoy the photos!

Here's the group - Colerain Artists.
Oh yes, that's me - looking kinda "spinster teacher-ish" don't you think?
She got me from my good side!  If you squint real hard you might
think I look like my idol,  Raquel Welch!
(You gotta squint REAL HARD).
The lace is pretty much finished and I'll be working on the pear next.

The (almost) completed painting, pear and gold rim finished on dish.
I offered this demo piece and one lady excitedly took it - claims she
will be framing it, too!

Me holding up some poured paintings that I had brought along for "show and tell".

1 comment:

laura said...

Nice of you to fill in, Deb, and a bonus for the group!
I can't stand how everyone's always taking--and posting!--photos now. Maybe someone could invent a device that scrambles your image whenever points an iPhone at you ...