Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, April 28, 2014

DUNHAM CLASS PAINTINGS - PART 2

My completed demo.
Our last class was the start of a floral painting.  I painted 1/2 for the afternoon and 1/2 for the evening classes (that is what the line down the middle is for).

Basically, I did some background, a flower, a rain (or dew) drop and stem for them and they will be left to their own devices to complete it before our next session.

I will be very curious to see how they all turn out!

Here are some of the photos from that demo:

Background started, some stems masked, then painted.
Students had option to use masking tape on the stems
 (which I did on the ones that are painted in now) or miskit.  
Some of the petals are started here.

Close up of one flower, part of stem (upper left).

A couple of the flowers are (maybe!) completed, rain/dew drop completed.

Another view of stems and flowers.
A quick demo for the rain/dew drop.

No comments: