Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, October 2, 2014

RED VASE WITH DAISIES - 2

Then we began to paint the daisies.  As you know, I like to glaze, so we used several layers to bring up the color on the flowers.

Then we removed the miskit and began adding the colors on the background and on the vase, popping in a few darks in the flowers.  We then added the shadows on the fabric and vase - (I didn't get a photo of the painting after we added the vase shadow, but before completion).

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Deb - this is really starting to sparkle. Love that gorgeous red plate and the fact that you used some pale green tones in the flowers. Just so lovely. Hope you are having a great day.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Thank you for sharing the various stages with us!
This is gorgeous like all your work!

debwardart said...

Thank you guys, wait til you see how my student did!