Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

WATERCOLOR SOCIETY OF INDIANA OPENING

On Sunday we drove to Indy where I received my Signature from Watercolor Society of Indiana.

My painting "Industrial Revolution" is on the back wall just left of the floating wall..
The show was judged by Kathleen Conover so there were lots of abstracts, and most, if not all, of the paintings had an abstract quality to them.
Several abstracts in view.
The show is held at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  This year we are on the first floor, in a new gallery just opposite the gift shop, so I hope it will draw many more visitors.


The gallery is on the left, the gift shop on the right.
Here are photos of a couple paintings that struck my eye.
This is called "Evil Eye".  If you ever owned a cat you would understand!!!

This one made me think of one by Laurin McCrackin.  It is beautifully rendered.

This is by J. Anna Roberts TWSA.  I'll be participating in a show with her in October, 2015.

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonsoir,

Grâce à ce joli reportage, j'ai l'impression d'être présente à cette belle exposition qui réunit de merveilleuses oeuvres. Toutes mes félicitations pour votre participation. Nul doute, je suis persuadée que vous remporterez un vif succès et que vous ferez de belles rencontres.

Gros bisous ♡

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Deb - this show looks like it was well attended. What a great place to have your beautiful work displayed. Hope you enjoyed every moment. Take care and have a great weekend.

debwardart said...

Here is Martine's translation:
With this nice story, I feel like this at this beautiful exhibition that brings wonderful works. Congratulations on your participation. No doubt, I am sure you will win a great success and you make beautiful games.
Thank you Debbie and Martine!