Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WORKSHOP - SILVER AND LACE - PART 1

The weekend of October 25-26 I held a watercolor workshop at the Cincinnati Art Club.

The topic was "painting silver and lace" - and we had a wonderful time - wish you would have been there!  (Oh well, your loss . . . . )

On Day 1 we worked on the background and began our silver vase.  Of course, there were some "whines" but also a lot of "wows"!

Here is what my view was for the 2 days - 12 students working hard!

Not only did we paint like crazy, but we also ate pretty well!  I brought rolls and afternoon snacks, and one of the other ladies brought 2 kinds of home made breads/cakes.

Well fortified, we made it through the day - painting right up until the 4 p.m. "deadline".
Some of the students enjoying some fellowship during lunch.
This is what my demo piece looked like by the end of that day.  (Excuse the mess on the table!)

6 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What a NICE POST!

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Deb - this looks like such a great workshop - you are so right it was my loss to not be there. Hope maybe someday I can be. Hugs.

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Un cours qui ne manquait pas de piquant et jovialité...
Mais quel bonheur que de participer à ces cours qui s'annoncent très intéressants.

Gros bisous ❊

debwardart said...

Thanks Sue.
Debbie - you are not that far away - perhaps sometime . . . .
Martine said: A course that was not lacking spice and joviality ...
But what a delight to participate in these courses are expected to be very interesting. Thanks for commenting, Martine.

laura said...

Deb, Do the students make their own drawings, or do you supply a template? I'm just curious how they, or you!, go about drawing the lace, which seems so daunting!

debwardart said...

Laura - I supply the tracing.