Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, November 10, 2014

THE ARTIST'S MAGAZINE - 31st Annual Art Competition - FINALIST!

A while back I received an email telling me that two of the paintings I entered into the Artist's Magazine 31st Annual Art competition had been awarded Finalist!

Gotta tell you - 2 out of 6,507 entries - yep, I'm pretty happy about that.

You will find my name listed on page 53 of the December issue - Still Life/Interior Category.

And when I saw who some of the other finalists in my category were, whose names are familiar to me  - Cecile Baird, Laurie Goldstein-Warren, Chris Krupinski, Jeffrey Larson, Jacob Pfeiffer, Carrie Waller - then I REALLY was happy!  Wow, at least I'm in very good company.

I entered 4 into the competition, and the paintings accepted were my Yin Yang Mums and Oriental Roses.

7 comments:

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Heartiest Cogratulations! Indeed what a well deserved recognition. Best wishes for the future. :)

RH Carpenter said...

WOW, you!!!! Congratulations! You are creating such a name for yourself and deservedly so, my friend. Smile and let everyone know - this is HUGE to have two out of over 6,000!!!!

Christiane Kingsley said...

And these great artists are in great company with you, Deb! Congratulations!

Ginny Stiles said...

OMGosh, Deb I am SO proud of you.
In the years I have been following your blog your work has become more and more beautiful by the month! You deserve this!!! Congratulations!

debwardart said...

Thanks to all of you!

Kim Shirley said...

Congratulations Deb! You are soooooo amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Leeder said...

Congratulations Deb!