Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, November 28, 2014

TUBA - 2

No photo of this - but I laid in color all over the paper, using various yellows and siennas, and added some of the Daniel Smith shadow violet around the tuba.  

Rhonda Carpenter has been touting this color for some time, so I bought it but I didn't like it.  Then I attended the GCWS Carol Carter workshop last April and saw how she uses it, and now I do like it!

In this photo I've begun adding some color to the tuba. 

Each of these photos shows more addition of color to the tuba.



4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Looking great and so shiny.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Deb - I am certainly loving this...just beautiful colors. Have never tried DS's Shadow violet...may have to put this on my Christmas list! Have a delightful week.

Arti said...

Fascinating to see this tuba take form. I may also try this shadow violet..violets are my favorite hues and so far I have only liked DIOXAZINE violet by Winsor and Newton.I like my colors vibrant and this one as so bright!But you never know when you find a new favorite.

debwardart said...

Guys, I think you will like the shadow violet. Just try it combined with another color, real water-y.