Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, November 24, 2014

TUBA - 1

Sometimes a friend and I take a photo or a similar subject and we each paint our rendition of that.

She chose a tuba photo she had taken some years ago at a local fair.  The local high school marching band had just performed and the kids had laid down their instruments; this tuba caught her eye.

She has long since painted her rendition of this tuba.  I kept procrastinating.  I note that I scanned the photo into my computer in 2012!  Then, this past May (2014) I finally printed it off and began my drawing for this painting.

I decided I wanted some music to go along with the tuba, so I did an internet search and came up with this sheet music, which I then enlarged.

It's been so long since I drew this out - it has been sitting all this time underneath a pile of other semi-completed paintings, just waiting to be painted!  So, I'm not sure, but I think that I enlarged the tuba photo and put it onto the paper, then added the music around that.


3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Love the addition of the sheet music - this is going to be awesome!! Sometimes you have to wait for the mood to strike and the feeling that you can do the painting justice now :) Maybe S will paint another one, too?

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Deb - this looks like it is going to be a great painting. Will be looking forward to this one unfolding. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

debwardart said...

Rhonda, that's right, gotta be in the right mood, for sure.
Thanks Debbie.