Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, July 31, 2015

HOOSIER SALON OPENING

Wednesday evening, July 29, was wonderful for me!

It was The Hoosier Salon Preview and Awards night in Indianapolis.  For once it did not rain when I drove up and we didn't get lost getting there - but we did get lost on the way home - and so it goes!  Thank goodness for GPS!!!

For this event reservations are required - which allows patrons to view the artworks and buy before the general public.  This also allows artists and patrons to make connections.

But it's also kind of "sneaky" - they don't let you know if you are about to win an award, but they know if you will be present to accept, due to your reservation!

Anyway - once again, in about mid-pack, my name was flashed on the screen - I won an award for Outstanding Watermedia and . . . the painting sold!  To the same man who purchased last year's painting, but this time I got to meet him.

I met a few new people, and had the unexpected delight to see a woman who lives just a few miles from me - it was her first time entering and her painting was accepted.  I was excited for her, since last year was my first time entering and exhibiting.

Art openings are always fun anyway, but especially so when your painting is selected for an award.

So - you may be asking "what painting sold ?"  Just look up at my blog header - "Luscious" has gone to a new home!

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

YAY! Congratulations, Deb. I am so happy for you for the award and the sale!!!